The Karlovy Vary Region published on their websites information about the newly elaborated town-planning base related to the Karlovy Vary Airport.
- The Karlovy Vary Region town-planning department ordered to work out a noise study.
- The territorial study was recorded in the Town-planning Activity Registration of the CR, UUR Brno
- The Karlovy Vary Region council with their resolution ZK 102/06/08 from 19/6/2008 took cognizance of The Territorial Study of the Karlovy Vary Airport's Development and Efficiency (outlook up to 2025 - 2050), and orders the regional development department to record this study as a valid town-planning base in the Town-planning Activity Registration of the CR, UUR Brno.
THE TERRITORIAL STUDY PRODUCER
The Karlovy Vary Region regional development department
Ing. arch. Jaromir Musil, the regional development department manager
Vlastimil Vesely, Ing. arch. Jaroslav Jelinek, town-planning department
The procurement of the The Territorial Study of the Karlovy Vary Airport's Development and Efficiency (outlook up to 2025 - 2050) prosecutes the fulfilment of the regional development aims, advance in competitiveness of the region, coordination of its development, support for the creation of the community and strategic planning projects, and establishment of the general platform for the cooperation between the participants in the lay-out area.
The worked out Territorial Study of the Karlovy Vary Airport's Development and Efficiency resulted in the following findings:
- Extension of the capacity of the checked-in passengers in the outlook up to 2025 - 2050
- Dispatching of the high-capacity aircrafts and a possible change of the airport character
- Runway system (widening - elongation, types and links of the taxiing areas)
- Need of the capacity traffic links
- Use of the airport surroundings for placing investments of the above-local importance
- Resolution of the interference with the populated and relaxing areas in the airport surroundings
- Resolution of the airport zones problems
The general policy is determined by the mere location of the airport. The Study deals with the airport as "a spa airport in the green area", so the important relations of the air traffic to the productive or storage functions at the neighbouring lands are not expected. The traffic will be oriented to the passenger transport. The neighbouring developing areas should make possible the creation of functions turned to the clients presence - the passengers waiting for their departures or asking for the after-arrival services, business activities, information.